Guide for a Road Trip on a motorcycle in Great Smoky Montains
The Great Smoky Mountains are among the most fascinating destinations in the United States of America. It is home to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. In fact, it is endowed with many attractions, especially theme parks and thrilling rides. Its scenic landscape which is home to its unique fauna and flora species. In addition, the Great Smoky Mountains encompass excellent trails for motorcycle rides.
Read this guide for a motorcycle trip to the Great Smoky Mountains, and discover the different possibilities inside the areas.
Motorcycle trails in the Great Smoky Mountains
There are several motorcycle roads within the Great Smoky Mountains. Some of them consist of looping roads, while others are ways.
The most fascinating loops include:
- Wild Dam Waterfall Loop
- Cold Mountain Loop
- Land of the Waterfalls Loop
- Cades Cove Loop
The most spectacular ways for a motorcycle ride within the Great Smokies are:
- Little River Road
- Blue Ridge Parkway
- Foothills Parkway
- Cherohala Skyway
- Thunder Road
For the most thrilling motorcycle rides, the most popular roads are:
- The Dragon
- The Tail of the Dragon
Each road has its peculiarities, but the common feature are that the roads are set in the most scenic landscape of the Great Smokies.
Let us explore some of the most popular roads.
- The Foothills Parkway: The road allows you to have a great view of the peak of the Great Smoky Mountains. It is set in the most scenic landscape to have a beautiful view of the Tennessee Valley in the East.
- If you choose this road, you will ride along the amazing Little River and pass by spectacular waterfalls. The beauty of the place is so mesmerizing!
- The Tail of the Dragon: The road gives you the most thrilling rides ever, from sharp turns to steep descent; but the required speed limit is 30 MPH!
- For more fun, it is a good idea to choose the Land of Waterfalls Loop, which consists of riding past the spectacular waterfalls in the Great Smoky Mountain regions.
- Cades Cove Loop: The loop is a combination of downhill roads and uphill roads. The rides are more exciting when you have to ride on different landscapes, from the high hills to steep descents. The roads can be rather challenging for beginner riders.
Cades Cove is home to 3 panoramic waterfalls which is about 20 feet high. The waterfalls make the area so beautiful and relaxing.
Further recommendations for an enjoyable motorcycle ride
You should be well prepared when you go on a motorcycle road trip. You need to put on protective clothes, especially a helmet, gloves, goggles, and headlights. It is necessary to comply with the local rules and regulations before you participate in a motorcycle road ride in the Great Smoky Mountains.
To spend some wonderful moment in the Great Smokies, stay at a comfortable, cozy cottage or resort in the vicinity of the Park. You can book your accommodation online, through a travel agency like Opodo. On Opodo's website, you can choose your accommodation and its location to best suit your needs and interests. You can also book a flight to North Carolina or Tennessee through Opodo.