A weekend in the Great Smoky Mountains to recharge your batteries
The Great Smoky Mountains are a fascinating place to spend your weekend. The Great Smoky Mountains consist of the Appalachian Mountains. They are located in the border of North Carolina and Tennessee, in the eastern coast of the United States. The Great Smoky Mountains are home to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.
Here are some activities to unwind and recharge your batteries at the Great Smoky Mountains.
What can you do on Saturday
Visit a theme park: Pigeon Forge theme parks are great attractions to unwind and recharge your energy. In fact, Pigeon Forge is endowed with several theme parks, especially the following:
- Dollywood Theme Park. At the park, you can have lots of fun with 40 exciting rides and top rated recreational activities. You can also shop at different souvenir shops. In the evening, you can enjoy the fine taste of local food at the Dollywood Theme Park restaurant.
- The Titanic Museum. The Titanic Museum encompasses more than 400 real artifacts. This is the place to experience how it feels to be in a shipwreck, like in the Titanic ship. The visit includes a strenuous walk up the Grand Staircase, and exciting view and touch of an iceberg.
- Anakeesta Canopy Park. For great outdoor fun activities, go to Anakeesta Canopy Park. Whether you set out for a walk along the canopy, or ride on a Chondola, you can always admire the panoramic landscape of the Park. You can also enjoy zip line dueling if you have never experienced it before.
To get access to the different attractions, buy a pass at the entrance. The same pass can be used at:
- The Island at Pigeon Forge. Its highlight is in the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel and other attractions.
- Ole Smoky Moonshine, which is famous for its distillery and wine.
- Tanger Outlets. If you are looking for great souvenir items, or local products, the Tanger Outlets is the best place to go.
- Hard Rock Café, which is renowned all over the USA for its food and vibrant nightlife.
Sunday: What activities to do?
- Hike on the Grotto Falls Trail: Hiking on the Grotto Falls Trail is so invigorating, and gives you an opportunity to admire the landscape and the waterfalls from the top. Hike for 1.8 miles to the Grotto, and take a rest at the top. The trails are rocky and can be wet; so, do not forget to put on your hiking boots.
- Go on a boat ride: Fontana Lake is a lake in the southern part of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It is endowed with 240 miles of shoreline. It is excellent for kayaking or canoeing. On the boat, you can admire the beauty of the landscape which is so fascinating.
Spend a weekend in the Great Smoky Mountains
For an energetic weekend, unwind at the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Admire the fascinating landscape and the breathtaking view of the waterfalls and cascades, and have fun at Pigeon Forge.
To get to the Great Smoky Mountains, find a flight and an accommodation through an online travel agency like Opodo. The Opodo's website can help you find reasonable plane tickets and a comfortable, cozy accommodation at the Great Smoky Mountains regions.