The Great Smoky Mountains are the largest range of mountains in the southeastern United States of America. The range of mountains are called Smoky Mountains due to the presence of the fog in the area, which looks like smoke.
The Great Smoky Mountains lie on the border of Tennessee and North Carolina. The Smokies are home to primitive forests. Besides, they are included among the International Biosphere Reserve. The Smokies are a part of the UNESCO WOLD Heritage Site. This is why the Great Smokies are open for mass tourism every year. Black bears and salamanders inhabit the Smokies.
Why is it a good idea to stay in the Great Smoky Mountains for the holidays
The number of old forests which grow in the Great Smokies is estimated to cover around 76,000 hectares. Here are 5 reasons for you to stay in the Great Smokies on your next holiday vacation.
- Visit Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The park is located in the border of North Carolina and Tennessee, USA. The National Park covers 2,114 square kilometers. The park has irresistible hiking trails which attracts thousands tourists annually. Other recreational activities include ranger stations where tourists can discover the wildlife, the geology and the history of the park. The range stations are also the best places to buy souvenirs and interesting books about the park.
- Visit the Smoky Mountains Heritage Center. The area is located in Townsend, Tennessee, USA. The site offers fascinating information about the culture of the Appalachian communities which inhabit the Smoky Mountains. It is also a fascinating center to know more about the Cherokee and other Native Americans. Artifacts belonging to the ancient Native Americans who resided in the area can be found at the Smoky Mountains Heritage Center.
- Family Fun. If you spend your vacation in the Smokies, there is a wide range of fun activities to do: Visit the Adrenaline Park, go to the Art Studio of the Smokies. Man y important events are organized at the Great Smoky Mountains which can entertain your family. Spend a day to visit Dollywood, a theme park which belongs to the famous country music singer Dolly Parton.
- Discover Sevierville and experience the Great Outdoors. Go hiking along the most popular hiking trails and discover the animal diversity at the caverns. Also visit fascinating museums at the Great Outdoors to see war bird planes, or to go karting. Many other entertaining activities are offered at the Great Outdoors. Sevierville is also a good place for golf.
- Visit Ripley's Aquarium of the Great Smoky Mountains. Ripley's Aquarium is located in Myrtle Beach. The aquarium features penguins, jellyfish and other aquatic life. The aquarium is open until 10 or 11 p.m., and the best time to visit is on Saturdays.
Tips for travelers to the Great Smoky Mountains
The Great Smoky Mountains have everything for everyone. It is a good place to stay on your next holidays. You will find every day of your vacation in the Smokies filled with fascinating adventures and entertainment activities, from hiking, sightseeing, visiting museums, aquarium, or theme parks, to karting.
- In order to make the most out of your trip, it is advisable to book through Opodo, ODIGEO.
- As an online travel agency, Opodo has the best deal for your plane tickets, accommodations and car rentals. Enjoy your stay at the Smokies.